Saturday, May 18, 2013

I am... good, creative, thankful...

Maile Belle is a muse for this week's challenge over at CASE study.
Her cards -as we know Clean and Simple style- have inspired me in streching my  boundaries by challenging me with her unique combination of colors and making me an early adopter who's not afraid of using new trends. I got to know from her that sequins and enamel dots would be a great add-on to my card. 
Her sample card shows what I mentioned briefly above.
For my card, I used two 6*6 stencil templates from TCW(the craft workshop).
First, I placed "mini Casey and Penelope" template onto the vintage cream card base from Papertrey Ink. Then I laid the second template "mini Chunky Chevron" over at the first template to get a female silhouette with chevron patterns.     

Then, I inked up three daubers with some inks (I thought Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, and Summer Sunrise) from Patertrey ink following her color suggestion in the sample card.
Lastly, I stamped several sentiments from a brand new stamp set "my words" by Hero Arts and added some sequins as a finishing touch. I love this stamp a lot because its journaling/mixed media style will be so useful.  


I am also entering this card to the challenge #8 over at CAS on Sunday
and the challenge #24: Clean and Simple over at A Blog Named Hero .

Please take some time to visit there and get some inspiration.
I am submitting this card to stamp your story contest.

Hope you enjoy the challenges and get some inspiration from the muse.
 Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sophia.   
   

5 comments:

  1. This is so creative and clever. Great take on Maile's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the message this delivers...and in such an innovative way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful work of "heart." Thanks for sharing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Flawless stamping...perfect design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever card! I love how you used the stencils, it turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete